Download Taming Big Data with Apache Spark and Python udemy free course. Overall a great course for a beginner! However, one thing I would change is actually running the code in Jupyter so that each step in the map/reduce can be verified and shown. Makes the code a lot easier to understand.
I m really happy with this course. The code samples and examples are very good and Frank have explained them well. This course is very very helpful for a beginner like me whose programming concepts are are not that good.
Taming Big Data with Apache Spark and Python
- taming big data with apache spark and python – hands on download
- taming big data with apache spark and python – hands on free download
- taming big data with apache spark and python download
- frank kane’s taming big data with apache spark and python pdf
- big data analytics with apache spark and python
- spark and python for big data with pyspark
- big data analysis with apache spark
- apache spark 2.0 with scala – hands on with big data!
Greatly enjoyed this course and learned a lot! Great instruction from Mr. Kane, everything is clear and well presented. The course builds up from very simple examples to more sophisticated, complex problems, which makes it very manageable to follow along even with no experience with Spark. I highly recommend this course, and I look forward to taking more courses taught by Mr.Kane!
Notes on the Live AWS computing example:
– Some of the helper functions took in the arguments in the tuple format (tup1,tup2), which works in Python2 just fine but didn’t work for me in Python3. Likewise, calling lambda with with arguments in tuple format didn’t work until we changed the arguments into one object.
– Mr.Kane used 1g executor memory and 5 machines in his live example, and though he did mention 10 machines would get better results, I ended up having to raise executor memory to 4g in addition to using 10 machines to get the program to work.
Really great course, I learned a ton and I am excited to apply this knowledge to my own projects and take more high-quality courses taught by Mr.Kane.